There are a few different ways in which you can help your patients enroll in a new Medicare plan, which vary in terms of efficiency and engagement.
Patient Portal Letter Campaign
High efficiency, low-touch engagement (passive approach)
You might not have the time to personally engage with every one of your Medicare patients... But, it's important to reach out to as many of your Medicare patients as you can to ensure they enroll in an affordable plan that's still in-network with your pharmacy to maximize your patient retention.
Initiate a letter campaign that encourages your patients to review their options on Amplicare's patient-facing website (the Patient Portal) and enroll in an in-network plan without needing to stop by the pharmacy!
In order for patients to access the website, they must have an Enroll ID, which is given to them directly from you -- their friendly, community pharmacy. Upon logging into the portal, your patients' medication lists will be automatically populated so that they can perform their own in-depth plan comparison and find a plan that's affordable and in-network with your pharmacy.
Letter campaign instructions:
- Go to your Open Enrollment worklist (when it's Oct 15th - Dec 7th) or your Newly Eligible worklist.
- If it's the Open Enrollment report, filter the worklist as you see fit (we recommend casting a wide net!).
- Select all patients and "Print Handouts".
- The "Enroll Online" option will be selected by default, which will generate an Enroll ID for each patients' letter, along with online enrollment instructions.
- Make other desired customizations to the letters (we recommend the "letter" format so the patient's address will fit in the window of a #10 business envelope).
- Click "Generate" to have the letters emailed to you in a single file so you can print them all in one fell swoop!
This is what the letter will look like:
Generate Patient-Specific Plan Comparison Reports
Medium efficiency, medium-touch engagement
This option requires more personal engagement with the patient, but it's still quite efficient.
- Perform a plan comparison for the patient.
- Once a few plans are selected for the comparison, "Print Preview" to generate a plan comparison report.
- Make sure the "Enroll Online" option is selected, which will generate an Enroll ID for the patient.
- Provide the plan comparison report to the patient by printing or emailing the comparison.
- The patient can now complete the enrollment process on their own time by using the patient engagement portal.
This is what the plan comparison printout will look like:
Help Patients with Online Enrollment
Low efficiency, high-touch engagement
This option requires the most personal engagement with the patient, which is great! Providing top-notch service to your patients guarantees they'll remain loyal customers.
- Perform a plan comparison with the patient.
- Walk your patients through the Patient Portal step-by-step until they submit the application.
- Record the patient interaction appropriately.
Click here for other Open Enrollment best practices!