Engage with your Medicare patients
The key to a successful Open Enrollment is being proactive! Engage your Medicare patients with a bulk letter or call campaign to inform them about the importance of reviewing their plan options during Open Enrollment -- and that you’re offering a free service to help them find the best plan!
Many patients may be content with their current plan, but they aren't aware that plans change their formularies, premiums, and deductibles year-to-year, and that the standard minimum benefit ("phases of coverage") among all plans change year-to-year. Reviewing their plan options during Open Enrollment allows them to select a plan that will be best suited for them in the new year. Without doing this, they risk paying hundreds of dollars more than they need to for their medications in the coming year. Your patients will absolutely appreciate the communication and the service -- use Open Enrollment to guarantee your Medicare patients keep coming back!
We recommend reaching out to a significant percentage of your active Medicare patients at least once to maximize the number of plan consultations scheduled. The more patients you reach, the greater the impact you'll have. That said, you likely won't have time to reach all of your Medicare patients, so you must prioritize - and Amplicare helps you with that!
Here's how you can do it:
Log in and go to your Open Enrollment report.
Your Open Enrollment report includes all of your patients who have filled in the last 12 months and are Medicare eligible.
Use the Search and Filter options to prioritize certain segments of patients you want to target.
Click here for recommendations on how to filter and attack your Open Enrollment report!
After you've filtered the report to your desire, "Select all" to reach out to the targeted group in one fell swoop.
You can print personalized letters and if you're subscribed to Amplicare Connect, you can schedule a phone call campaign.
Customize the template to your liking:
- Select "Enroll Online" option to provide your patients with an Enroll ID so they can enroll in an in-network plan right online! Learn more here.
- Handout vs. Letter
- English vs. Spanish
- Option to include "Plans"
- Option to include a "Coupon"
- Edit the content
- Edit the number of plans included in the letter
- Click here for more details on editing letter templates, including how to upload your pharmacy's logo.
Select "Generate" and enter your email address.
We'll email you a PDF with all of the personalized letters compiled into a single for easy printing!
Follow up with your patients
Many patients will procrastinate or simply forget they need to review their plan options. To increase engagement, consistently remind them that time is running out! Click here to learn more.
Reminders in your daily workflow
If your pharmacy system is compatible with Amplicare Assist (our workflow automation tool), then be sure you have Assist installed on all check or fill stations in your pharmacy. This way, you'll be notified right in the pharmacy system if you're checking/filling a prescription for a high priority Medicare-eligible patient.
Simply click the notification and print the handout to keep with the patient's prescriptions. When the patient comes by to pick up their medications later that day, ensure they don't leave the pharmacy without reviewing next year's Medicare plans options!
Advertise to your entire Medicare community
Open Enrollment is a great way not only to improve retention, but also to gain brand new business. It's all about marketing -- and we’re here to help!
Click here (Help => Resources => Marketing):
- Place a foam board in the window of your pharmacy
- Go to your community senior centers and hand out flyers
- Print the appointment cards and leave them by all patient check-out stations
Learn more best practices on how to gain new Medicare business.
Other best practices
- Conduct a pharmacy staff refresher training on how to perform plan comparisons (or, attend one of ours!)
- Implement a standardized scheduling system for plan consultations: A physical calendar or a shared online calendar
- Designate one or two people to be in charge of spear-heading the patient reach out campaigns. And hold them accountable!
Ready to start comparing plans? Click here for a step-by-step walkthrough on how to perform a plan comparison!